This position is currently expression of interest only. Please click the link to forward your resume and we will be in touch if anything becomes available.
The administration officer will provide professional administrative support and advice to patients and staff in the processes associated with patient services including appointment scheduling, billing and receipting as part of a multidisciplinary team.
The Administration Team is fundamental and plays an integral role in the day to day functionality of the Practice, the business efficiency and management of patients as well as
the management and processing of patient information, records, referrals and billing.
The position reports to through the Senior Administration Officer to the Chief Executive Officer.
The position requires close working relationships with the other Administration Officers, Nurses and Doctors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide a responsive reception service with the ability to effectively and efficiently interpret the needs of patients that present themselves at the practice and over the telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer the phone and check messages, check and respond to emails and faxes and internal messages.
- To provide professional Administrative services to visiting clinical services. Administrative tasks are
to be performed in a professional, effective and efficient manner.
- Pursue all potential fee paying patients at time of the appointment ensuring they have been
accurately informed of their payment options and what the processes are in relation the Medicare and relevant rebate if applicable.
- Faxing, emailing and sending of the referral documents related to the Patient’s further treatment requirements
- Maintain detailed administrative notes within the patient’s record to ensure patient administrative related activity is recorded adequately and informatively.
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients, doctors and other visitors.
- Ensure that patients without appointments but who need ‘urgent consultation’ are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Produce documents in a timely and efficient manner through the use of various software packages
including Microsoft Office with a high level of speed and accuracy.
- Inputting of information into spreadsheets as required.
- Review and maintain an effective office filing and records system and manage associated
computerised databases, ensuring documents are filed promptly.
Candidates for this position will be required to be available to work both evenings and weekends, resumes for those who wish to work only within school hours will not be considered. Candidates must also be able to cope in high pressure and faced paced work environments and must be comfortable working in a customer facing role.
If you think that you would be a good fit for our team then please send through your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will review applications when positions become available.