My Health Record
Emerald Medical Group currently maintains an electronic health record for each of our patients. We support the Australian Government’s My Health Record, a service which helps you to easily and confidentially share your health records with doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers.
THE BENEFITS OF A MY HEALTH RECORD:
- Your medical information can be easily and quickly accessed and updated by all of your participating healthcare providers
- Doctors or nurses can quickly and securely access your past and current healthcare information—meaning you don’t have to explain your entire medical history to every new healthcare provider or rely solely on your memory!
- At the end of an appointment, your healthcare provider can send a summary of any new information to your My Health Record
- Your My Health Record can keep track of all your medicines, allergies, and other important information about your healthcare
- You have total control over which health service providers you consent to access your information
WHEN YOU ATTEND EMERALD MEDICAL CLINIC, A RECORD IS MADE THAT CONTAINS:
- your name
- your address and contact details
- the concern you are seeking support for
- your family historyany diagnoses
- and treatments prescribed
- test results, x-rays and scans
- your Medicare card and other Commonwealth benefit card details.
The personal information we collect relates to your diagnosis and treatment. Health information may be contained in paper records, electronic records or in other mediums (such as x-rays) depending on the tests and treatment you have had.
Information will generally be collected directly from you. However, there may be circumstances where we may need to talk to someone else—e.g. your doctor or a relative in an emergency situation.
You have the right to apply for access to your medical records. To access your records, please speak to your doctor or the Practice Manager (fees may apply).